Code Enforcement/Building Inspection/Zoning Administrator
The Office of Code Enforcement and Building Inspector has the responsibility for applying and enforcing all relevant town zoning and town codes, as well as enforcing the various building codes of the State of New York. The office a part-time office and you are encouraged to contact Treavor Gilday to schedule an appointment.
PLEASE NOTE – you are responsible to obtain a building permit BEFORE undertaking any construction or demolition covered by either NYS Building Codes or Town Codes. If you are unsure if a permit is needed please contact this office.
Effective 01/01/2022 all plans should be submitted on 11″x 17″ along with a digital copy.
Please note there is a new application for PV Systems less than 25 KW.
Most building in the town need a building permit. Please contact the building inspector regarding you project before you start. Permits can take 2 weeks or more during the busy construction season. Please plan accordingly. If you need Zoning Board approval for your project it may take 2 months or more.
The Building Inspector has the responsibility and requirement to perform the inspections listed below, but the applicant must notify the Building Inspector for the inspections:
1. Foundation Footings BEFORE the pouring of concrete.
2. Foundation BEFORE backfill
3. Septic System BEFORE backfill. Be sure there is adequate water to test the level of the distribution box.
4. Plumbing, heating, framing and electrical BEFORE closing in framework. Electrical inspections are conducted by a third party inspector.
5. Prior to any occupancy, final inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is required. BEFORE residing in the dwelling a CO must be obtained, there are no exceptions.
- Issuance of Building Permits and subsequent inspections
- Septic Inspections and Septic Permits
- Review of applcations filed before the
- Zoning Board and Planning Board
- Galway Code compliance activities
- Town of Galway 25kW or less Solar PV-Permitting-application
- NEW SINGLE-FAMILY
- Swimming pool permit
- MISC. PERMIT
- Deck Permit
- ACCESSORY STRUCTURE PERMIT APPLICATION
- Application for Waste Water System
The Town of Galway Building Inspector/Code Enforcement office is a part-time office. The office is open on Tuesdays from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. or by appointment. It is advisable to contact the office ahead before coming to Town Hall, in case of a last minute schedule change.
Arranging for inspections: Applicants are responsible for scheduling required inspection(s). Permission to schedule inspections can be given to the contractors, however, failure to request any required inspection can/may prevent the issuance of the required Certificate of Occupancy.
Inspections can be arranged by calling Treavor at 518-514-8012 or by call the Code Enforcement Office at 518-882-6070. Inspections cannot usually be done the same day they are requested.