- Gather & Dine Program-This is held Monday through Friday at Town Hall/11:45 am. Seniors (60 plus) enjoy a warm meal and great company. The suggested donation is $2 per meal (this is not required). Guests under the age of 60 are also welcome, with a fee of $8. Please call at least 24 hours in advance (must be by noon the day prior to desired meal date) to secure your lunch reservation. You may call Office of the Aging at the listed number on this page or Galway Town Hall at 518-882-6070 extension 10 (business hours only Tuesday -Friday). Please do not leave a message on this line regarding meals to avoid not securing your spot in time. Thank you.
The Galway Seniors are pleased to offer the following activities for those who are members of the Senior Group. This is a great opportunity to get out of the house for a bit, socialize with a welcoming group of people and have a good time. Annual membership is only $10. If you wish to join please contact Colleen Forneris at 518-882-6070 extension 10 for further details.
The Galway Senior meetings are held the first and third Thursday of the month beginning promptly at 1pm, unless noted otherwise.
- October 6th-Business Meeting
- October 20th- Guest Speaker Patrick Herring
- November 3rd-Business Meeting
- November 17th-Guest speakers Supervisor Mike Smith and David Costanzo Highway Supervisor & Trevor Gilday Building Inspector
- December 1st-Business Meeting
- December 15th-Annual Christmas Party
- Galway Senior Group Trips 2022
- July 19th Purple Heart Museum & Pride of the Hudson $35-Boat ride and Dinner at Captain Jake’s (on your own)
- August 16th Schooner Boat ride. $40 Dinner at the Passports Restaurant (cost will be on your own)
- September 7th Green Mountain Timber Frames & Danforth Pewter. Cost to be announced. Dinner a the Log Jam (cost will be on your own)
- October 11th Peaches in Wilmington, VT. Show, dinner, sightseeing & shopping.
- November To be Announced
- December 1st Turning Stone and Show the Platters. Cost is $50.00.
Other special events:
“Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia” Presented by the Alzheimer’s Association.
When: Wednesday, November 16th
Address: Galway Town Hall 5910 Sacandaga Road, Galway
Please contact Colleen at 882-6070 extension 10
(For the Gather & Dine Program) Saratoga County Office for the Aging
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Phone: (518 ) 884-4100 FAX: (518) 884-4104
Hours: 9 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday